CBSE UGC National Eligibility Examination (NET) Notification 2017
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC (list attached page No. 22 to 48) in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science etc. (list of subjects of post graduation attached at page No. 19 to 20) are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Junior Research Fellowship/eligibility for Assistant professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination OR equivalent with at least 55% marks(50% marks in case of OBC(Non- creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD(persons with disability) category candidates. Such candidates must complete their P.G degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates, whose post graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No.14 (on page 12-13), may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to CBSE. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the UGC/CBSE at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiuweb.org)
Age Limit :
- For JRF : Not more than 28 years as on 01.01.2017
- For Assistant Professor : There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
Application Fees : General(Rs.600/-),Other Backward Classes (Non-creamylayer), as per the Central list of OBC(Rs.300/-)& SC/ST/PwD (Rs.150/-)
How to Apply : Candidates can apply for CTET – JAN- 2017 ‘ON-LINE’ through CTET website www.ctet.nic.in w.e.f. 17.10.2016 to 16.11.2016
Important Dates :
- Submission of online application form : 17-10-2016
- Last date for Applying Online :16-11-2016
- Last date of submission of Fee through online generated Bank challan , at any branch of (Syndicate/ Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank)or through credit/debit card : 17-11-2016
- Correction in Particulars of application form on the website : 22-11-2016 To 29-11-2016
- Uploading of Admit Card : 21-12-2016
- Date of Examination : 22-01-2017
Information Booklet : Click Here
Apply Online : Click Here