Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2018 Notification
Total Vacancies: 782
• Indian Administrative Service.
• Indian Foreign Service.
• Indian Police Service.
• Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
• Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
• Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
• Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
• Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
• Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
• Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
• Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
• Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
• Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
• Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
• Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’
The number of vacancies to be filled on the result of the examination is expected to be approximately 782 which include 32 vacancies reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability Category, i.e. 13 vacancies for candidates of (a) blindness and low vision; 8 Vacancies for (b) deaf and hard of hearing; 9 Vacancies for (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; and 2 Vacancies for (e) multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (c) including deaf-blindness. The final number of vacancies may undergo change after getting firm number of vacancies from Cadre Controlling Authorities. Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes. Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Persons with Benchmark Disability in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Government.
Educational Qualification: The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification. (More Details: Please Read Official Notification)
Age Limit: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2018 (More Details: Please Read Official Notification)
Fees: Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI. Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. “Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 05.03.2018 i.e. one day before the closing date; however applicants who have generated their Pay-in- Slip before it is deactivated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date. Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e during banking hours at SBI Branch, for reasons whatsoever, even if holding valid pay-in-slip will have no other offline option but to opt for available online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 18:00 Hours of 06.03.2018.
More Details: Please Read Official Notification.
How to Apply: Interested and Eligible Candidates may Apply Online Through Official Website. (More Details: Please Read Official Notification)
Closing Date: 06-03-2018 till 18:00 Hrs
Notification: Click Here
Apply Online: Click Here